GROWING REVENUE | EFFICIENT OPERATIONS | STRATEGIC FINANCE
Devising comprehensive development plans that bypass industry growth averages.
GOVERNMENT SERVICES CONTRACTOR
Growing revenue for a government contractor presents a unique set of challenges.
Contracts are typically released for an open market competition with clear evaluation factors. After corporate experience and technical approach are evaluated, it can often become a race to the bottom.
This leads to ever evolving corporate and business development strategies. Teaming and recruiting are core to the development plan.
Successes in this environment included:
- Revenue growth of 410% and a $500-million backlog, during three years.
- Identified emerging trends, managed road maps, developed and edited materials for specific markets and customers, teaming partners, and potential employees.
- $600-million proposal backlog, within four months, by connecting with large business teaming partners.
- Assisted business development/sales by providing knowledge, pricing and marketing collateral appropriate to their customer and teaming partner.
- Developed winning proposal theme strategies and associated content.
- Budgeted, planned, and staffed over 20 domestic and international trade shows annually.
- Evolved unknown, dated brand into highly recognized, innovative leader within the industry.
LUXURY REAL ESTATE
Bolstered launch of luxury real estate office selling homes averaging $2.5 million. Directed PR efforts, created and executed strategic marketing plans, coordinated strategy and staff for trade shows/conferences, and developed copy and layout for ads and high-end home brochures. Flourished in marketing a product that everyone wants, yet few can afford.
Key achievements include:
- Increased gross annual revenue from $16 million to nearly $130 million in 3 years, by developing and implementing comprehensive go to market plans for each property.
- Multi-million dollar marketing budget, developed competent and astute marketing team, ensured all product specific marketing materials exhibited the customer’s needs and voice.
- Identified and successfully launched into new market, resulting in unparalleled growth and market penetration.
- Led execution of new organization, recruitment of forty agents and support staff, and all resulting performance management measures. Despite challenging economic environment, office was profitable within six months.
- Produced all annual and property marketing plan, recruited sales agents, communicated with outside brokers, and created resulting marketing materials.
SOFTWARE AS A SERVICE
Launched Colorado’s first online Multiple Listing Service, essentially one of the first SaaS platforms in Colorado. Worked closely with R&D to ensure the customer’s voice and needs were integrated into the end product.
- Developed and delivered insightful presentations for a technology that was truly revolutionary for the industry.
- Identified new audiences and segments for the product, leading to three new vertical markets.
- Strategically sought out and secured $3 million in venture capital funding.
Launched an internationally well-known product line, in the United States. Collaborated with R&D to modify products for U.S. market. Subsequently grew product distribution coast-to-coast in the largest OEMs and distributors including Ideal Industries and Grainger. Ultimately removed two products within the line that did not align with brand.
- Rebranded product line, including each of the six product offerings, to meet US customer needs and expectations.
- Launched national advertising campaign, leading to new relationships with channel partners.
- Managed every aspect of the product line including sales, marketing, distribution, import and export.
- Implemented strategic marketing plan introducing the product line within the Caribbean islands and throughout Latin America. Boosted market share within Europe.
- Identified, budgeted, planned, and staffed domestic and international trade shows.
Larimer County is home to 400 not-for-profit organizations, each with their own unique value proposition. Development strategies have to be viewed at in a different light, to ensure your cause stands apart from the others.
That's where I assist.